The traffic mix across Milwaukee’s metro is varied, frenetic and interactive to a complex degree. The vast urban region comprises connected and crisscrossing roadways of every conceivable type and dimension. City streets run for miles in all directions. State highways and major interstates dot the landscape.
Coupled with that layout and sheer interplay is a user dimension every bit as layered and complicated. Ultra-large trucks (tractor trailers and other assorted 18-wheel big rigs) are constant fixtures on Milwaukee roadways. They share space with passenger vehicles, municipal conveyances, motorcyclists and more. Bicyclists and pedestrians liberally add to the mix.
All that interaction and jockeying for space fosters notable risks for road users. And it underscores one factor especially that is a prime catalyst literally driving motor vehicle accident outcomes.
That is behind-the-wheel negligence, an often sad occurrence yielding tragic results. Driver carelessness is highlighted in one authoritative legal source addressing Milwaukee-area vehicle crash causes, injuries and victims’ remedies.
That overview stresses that, “Although you do your best to follow all traffic and safety laws when you drive, you have no control over the decisions other motorists make.”
Like speeding or tailgating. Or excessive weaving across lanes. Or complete surrender to the non-driving enticements offered by on-board distractions such as cellphones and social media platforms.
Common crash injuries suffered by negligence victims
Unsurprisingly, accident victims’ injuries are diverse and severe. Outcomes such as these are common:
- Serious head trauma, including traumatic brain injuries and concussions
- Neck, back and spinal cord complications
- Broken bones
- Whiplash, internal bleeding and organ damage
- Burns and abrasions
- Amputations and fatal injuries
Forging a proactive response in the wake of a crash injury
Accident victims typically confront some material challenges following a vehicle accident. Key among them are strong efforts from wrongdoers to shield themselves from legal liability and resistant insurer strategies aimed at denying, delaying or underpaying on claims.
A proven and empathetic personal injury legal team can serve as a strong advocate fighting back against such behaviors. Experienced legal counsel will seek to secure optimal outcomes concerning these and additional matters:
- Fully identifying all wrongdoers and comprehensively establishing all liability sources
- Interceding with insurers, demanding their responsiveness and good faith claim treatment
- Promoting a client’s peace of mind through efforts that comprehensively spotlight third-party accountability and speak to future deterrence
- Securing a meaningful remedy marked by maximum compensation tied to broad-based needs (e.g., medical expenses, lost wages and more)
A motor vehicle accident injury is understandably a traumatic and even life-upending event for many victims. They can respond in an empowering way through close alliance with a practiced legal team focused on securing their best interests.