Representing Individuals and Families Throughout The Milwaukee Area



Assisting You With Post-Judgment Modifications

There are times when judgments for child support, placement and maintenance are no longer appropriate or are in need of adjustment due to a variety of changed circumstances. In most situations, if there has been a substantial change of circumstances as that is defined by our courts, you may return to court to have orders from your divorce or other family law proceeding modified to better reflect the changed circumstances of yours or the other party’s life.

Modifying court orders can be difficult even if the changes are viewed as being “substantial” by the courts. It is always a good idea to have a consultation to go over your issue and to make an informed decision about returning to court. Many times the issues can be addressed with your former spouse and/or their attorney to determine if the issues can be resolved with an agreement, or as it is called in our system, a “Stipulation”, to change or modify a prior order. Most disputes will require that you and your ex-spouse or partner explore mediation before returning to court. All of these options will be discussed with you when we meet.

Representing Clients In A Range Of Modification & Enforcement Matters

For over 35 years, I have helped my clients navigate Wisconsin’s legal system. I have successfully resolved hundreds of post judgment modification actions before the court in the areas of custody, placement (formerly called “visitation”) and child and spousal support. I am also experienced in bringing post judgment motions not designed to change the original order, but rather to force compliance with the order in situations where for whatever reason, the other party is not doing what they are supposed to be doing or is not paying what they are required to pay.

Those actions are to find the offending party in “contempt”. Contempt actions are brought before the court by a motion or by an “order to show cause.” A party who is found to be in contempt is ordered by the court to do what they should have been doing, or to stop conduct that is contrary to what was previously agreed upon. In situations where a party is found in contempt, they may be looking at paying fines, possibly being incarcerated and paying your attorney fees.

Whether you are seeking to find an ex-spouse or partner in contempt, or if you find yourself on the receiving end of a Motion or Order to Show Cause seeking to find you in contempt, or if you need assistance with changing terms or terminating child support, maintenance or spousal support or adjustments or major changes to a child placement order, I will work hard to achieve a fair and equitable resolution in your case.

Consult With A Skilled Lawyer Today

If you are in need of post judgment revisions or enforcement of your divorce or other family law judgment, it is vitally important that you work with an experienced attorney with demonstrated success in this area. Contact my office at 414-721-9633 to discuss your options today.

I offer flexible appointment times and am able to accommodate most schedules.